Toronto’s Legendary Grossman’s Tavern recently announced the return of their annual Amy Louie / Grossman’s Music Scholarship & Fundraising Event. Created in memory of the late Amy Louie (a member of the family that has owned Grossman’s Tavern since 1975) the ALGMS is an artist development bursary that provides two musicians or bands from the Greater Toronto Area $2,000 and $1,000, respectively, to help with career development.
Applications are open and here are a few key things you need to know about applying:
- Submissions must be made by September 16th, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST
- Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] c/o The Amy Louie Grossman’s Music Scholarship
- Successful candidates will be chosen by a panel of judges that include members of the Louie family, music industry professionals, and individuals with long-standing connections to Grossman’s Tavern.
- The proposal (200 words or less as a PDF document) must include the applicant’s name, band name, email address, phone number, and mailing address
- Include: Links to the applicant’s website, Facebook, and other social media as well as links for listening to the music
- The fundraising event will take place on Tuesday, September 27th at Grossman’s Tavern, 379 Spadina Ave, Toronto.
- An expense budget will need to be presented prior to receipts of the funds.
More information can be found here.